Like most social issues the answers are complex and require multiple approaches. Connexions we see many everyday things that keep women trapped at the bottom of economic and social development.
- Families chose to give sons extra food and more nutritious food girls miss out.
- Boys are encouraged to go further
- in education and more resources are provided for them to succeed.
- Girls are married early (under 18 years old)
- Women and girls are severely restricted in regards to work opportunities and paid poorly.
- Women frequently have to hand their hard-earned wages to their husbands and are not able to choose how the money is spent.
- Women are frequently not allowed to work outside of the home.
At ConneXions we work hard to provide as many women as possible with opportunities for economic empowerment. We encourage and
support them, and are willing to work within the constraints that have been placed on them.
We talk about empowerment and have assisted many women to access education, skills training, vocational pathways and microfinance loans. We understand the many different struggles and challenges they face and create a supportive hope-filled community.